Every healthy meal should include at least one vegetable, but let’s face it in our busy lives we often opt to skip the vegetable in favor of the quicker, easier and tastier option. But I’m here to tell you that vegetables can be all three of these things and roasted broccoli fits this description perfectly. Roasted broccoli will help keep your meal more balanced, is quick and easy to prepare, and most importantly delicious to eat. This is the broccoli you make for people that don’t eat broccoli.
- 2 Heads of Fresh Broccoli, Trimmed (or a bag of pre-cut broccoli)
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- If not using pre-cut broccoli, chop the broccoli into preferred sizes.
- Place broccoli pieces into a bowl and pour olive oil over it.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over broccoli. Make sure to use enough to cover all the broccoli.
- Mix broccoli with a wooden spoon so that all pieces get equal coverage of oil and seasoning.
- Lay out broccoli on a shallow cooking sheet.
- Roast the broccoli for 10 - 15 minutes until the edges start to brown.
Try different seasonings, cheeses or sauces to make this roasted broccoli even tastier!
Broccoli freezes quite well (see the frozen vegetable aisle of your local grocer) however it is just as easy to roast fresh broccoli as it is to reheat the frozen broccoli.
Broccoli is actually part of the cabbage family and is high in vitamin C and dietary fiber… Hence the healthiness.