There are 460,000 results when you Google “pimento cheese recipe” so I’m revisiting my Bacon Pimento Cheese recipe. This time, I was making this tasty spread for a wedding and a going away party for a vegetarian so the bacon was out. I also wanted to make the spice in this batch a little more subtle, so I swapped the cayenne for some pepper jack cheese, adjusted the ratios and came up with this super tasty version.
Pimento cheese is great on crackers, on little sandwiches and as a vegetable dip. It’s a quick and easy app that you can mix up days before your party so I highly recommend putting it in your party prep rotation. This would be a great appetizer to put out for the big sports game on Thanksgiving day!
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 6 oz Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 2 oz Swiss Cheese, Shredded
- 2 oz Pepperjack Cheese, Shredded
- 4 oz Chopped Pimentos, Drained
- Mix the cream cheese and mayonnaise until they're thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the cheeses and pimentos and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
Use pimento cheese rather than sliced cheese for a super fun Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich.
If you don’t use up a whole block of cheese, store excess shredded cheese in the freezer so it’s ready for you when you’re ready for it!
I thought pimentos were pickled red bell peppers but they’re not. Pimentos are their own variety of small, sweet chili peppers.