Starting at 10:00, FXX is running a super marathon of all 552 episodes of The Simpsons and, as a life-long Simpsons fan, I could not be more excited about it! To celebrate, I whipped up this batch of baked Lard Lad Donuts and so can you. Mix up a batch of Springfield’s favorite donuts with this perfectly comulent recipe and embiggen the boys down at the nucleon plant today!
This recipe will most likely be updated with real donuts this weekend…baked donuts are good but they just made me want the real thing.
- 1 Cup Pastry Flour
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ⅛ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Tbs Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 – 3 Drops Red Food Coloring
- Preheat the oven 375° and spray 2 donut pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the buttermilk, eggs and oil together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just to combine being careful not to overmix.
- Fill the wells of the donut pan ½ full and cook for 10 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a baker’s rack while you make the glaze.
- Combine the milk, vanilla and powdered sugar in a bowl and mix until a thick paste forms.
- Put the bowl in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds to loosen everything up a bit.
- Add the food coloring until it’s the desired level of pink.
- Dip the donuts in the glaze and sprinkle on your sprinkles.
- Note: You’ll want to do all of the glazing and sprinkling pretty quickly before the glaze hardens.
Freeze these tasty treats for up to 3 months. Mmm, frozen donuts…
FXX’s The Simpsons Marathon will be the longest running marathon in TV history. It starts at 10:00 a.m. on August 21st and ends at September 1st at 11:59 p.m.